Sunday, January 31, 2010

It's 31st January 2010

Great! (Note: It's suppose to come out as the angry kind of "great" and not the enthusiastic "great".) It's the 31st of January 2010, which means that we are at the end of the first month in 2010 and the second month starts in less than 24 hours time. How did time pass by so fast? In 2 weeks, we'll welcome the Year of the Tiger and go all lovey dovey on Valentine's Day. Then 2 weeks after that, we'll say goodbye to February 2010 and hello to March 2010. You get the drift?

I was just talking to a couple of my girlfriends a few hours ago about how time seriously flies by faster as you get older. It seemed not long ago that I celebrated Chinese New Year with my purple dress and now, I can hardly fit into it without taking deeeeeeeeeeep breaths. I'll have to either alter the dress or alter my body - I don't think I'd have to take a long time to make a decision here. Anyway, I was telling them how it was like when I did my undergrad - I felt like my life was measured in 2 bouts of 14 weeks (1 semester is roughly about 14 weeks, minus the midsem breaks and what nots). After 4.5 years of living like that, postgrad studies came along and I really don't know what to make of time passing just like that *snaps fingers* when you're doing research, writing and programming.

Here's something to think about: Did you feel that you took a really long time to reach the age of 21, and then after that the numbers of your age started to increase really fast beyond that point? It's as if time moved in the manner of an exponential growth after turning 21. I remember when I was 17, I thought 4 years was a hell of a blardy long time to hit 21 and now that I'm 26, well, how the hell did I get to 26 from 21 in the twinkling of an eye? Someone, explain to me please!

2 comments:

zewt said...

time and it's ever increasing pace.

time moves so fast because we allow them to be. we should learn to pause, to appreciate the motion of time. for most of us, time seems to accelerates after hitting 21 simply because it is the common age that we begin to stuff our 24 hours a day lives with 26 hours worth of things to be done.

ever heard of old people complained about time passes slowly? well, when they have nothing to do... when they only have 10 hours worth of things to be done in a 24 hours day... that's when time slow down.

so the common factor is.... things that we stuff in our lives.

sorry to pimp my blog but u might like this...

http://zewt.blogspot.com/2007/04/is-world-going-faster.html

zewt said...

hello again... really no time to update eh?